Monday, August 5, 2013

Having Direction

Hey!
 
It has been a super busy week, but it has been probably been one of the best guided as well. This week we had a meeting with Brother Donaldson, he is one of those high ups in the missionary department. Our mission is now a online proselyting mission! We got more direction of whta we can do, what we shouldn't do and now our job is to tighten up. I see that my mission is not just for two years, but this opens an opportunity of me being a missionary for life. He shared the scripture in Matthew 24:14, which you think it would be scary that the Apostles are using that as a sign to the coming of the Savior, but it is so exciting! Think of it, all of those countries like China that there isn't missionaries in yet, now have a better opportuntiy to hear about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is how the Gospel goes to all the world. I only have a little perspective of the things to come.
 
Not only is the world missionary work doing well, but so is our own here. We have five on date for the next six weeks. I am kinda hoping I stick around another transfer, but I am not sure right now. There is a lot of good work, right now for this next week we will have about 20 lessons. Some of the people we have on date want to be baptized, for example we are teaching this 70 year-old lady, that we invited to be baptized on the 24th and she wants to be baptized sooner. It is crazy but we are making it work. Also another couple in their 60s just quit smoking and drinking this week and the have been doing it for 20+ years. It is a divine blessing to see the spirit change lives for the better.
 
All I can say that I love this Gospel and I have had my own change of heart. Never would I have thought missionary work would be were it is now. Imagine where it will be even in Jayson's time? Crazy! Happy soon to be birthday by the way... you are like 4 now? Ha have a good one. Good luck with work, getting ready for a new school year or a new job. Life is good. I love you guys, you have no idea how much the Lord trusts us. I am looking forward to teaching lessons with my loved ones.
Elder Wade  

No comments:

Post a Comment