Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Another Fantastic Week‏...

Hey!
So this was probably the busiest I have been yet! Elder Jones has been pushing me so much even so that he is sick today. Ha But he is awesome, Being the only member in his family gives me strength and strengthens my testimony also of the divinity of this great and marvelous work. He is awesome and I love working with him. He said that his family isn't too supportive, that it took a lot of ofasting and prayer for them to say that it was ok for him to be baptized. There are things that he does that i hope to pick up.
Speaking of Baptism, We have three on date. One for January, another for Dec 15th and the last for Dec 1st. The first I mentioned is a lady that has been investigating for about a year now, ... Next one is a lady named T.... , man do we love T. Let me tell you how we came in contact with her. it was a Pday about a month and a half ago. A couple of missionaries wanted to get Mcdonalds after shopping so we are in Walmart and this lady comes up to us and asks what wards we cover. I tell her the Cactus Lane ward. She said that she lives in that one and told me that she wants to be baptized and asked how she would go about doing that. I was completely blown away. We weren't able to meet with her until this last week. She called me a day before we met with her and asked.. How does Dec 15th look for me getting baptized? again I was blown away. I wanted to say, chill we haven't even met with you yet. She is married to a member that tells her all about the church. So she already knows it is true. Lastly we have N....., He is awesome, we are his 5th set of missionaries and he wants to be sealed to his wife that is a member and all he has standing in the way of baptism is smoking. He gave us his pack of ciggerettes the other day so we could get rid of them. There is no better feelig then destorying the drug that destroys so many people's lives . He is well determined about being baptized so we are looking forward to that.
Wow, it sounds way too cold up there. I can say that my blood has already been thinned. I am freezing. I traded one of my new ties for a sweater. Silly me, I didn't think I would ever be cold here. So if you could sennd me some sweats or transfer money so I could buy some that would be great, because my morning runs are getting pretty chilly. Thanks.
Sorry mom that you are sick but I know a priesthood blessing does marvelous work. I know that the Priesthood is power given to us to do God's will on Earth. We had one of those Stake Conferences that was broadcasted and we had Jeffery Holland and Pres. Eyring. They both discussed Missionary work and Temple work. They are combined and it is all part of gathering of Zion. Elder Holland Talked about how members need to be part of the work. Saying, you want your sons or daughters have successful missions, so you need to help the missionaries that are in your ward find the people that you love. Very powerful. If members found people for us to teach that would mean I wouldn't have to tract, which would be awesome, because some people can get pretty rude.
It sounds like you are all having so much fun with work, hunting, sports, and school. Good luck in all what you do. I love you all so much you are always in my prayers and I love telling people about how much I love you guys.
Love Elder Wade

No comments:

Post a Comment