Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Education Week

It has been a great week! Learned a lot, mainly it was really humbling. The last week we didn't have time to plan so that made this week super sparatic. We taught a few lessons and they went really well. We have C.....who still on date for the 28th. He is an interesting guy.   That is why the Lord wants us to get a good education and job. 

So to continue on the theme of education... We had the director of the local institute speak to our ward yesterday. It was super good and really motivating. He brought up how knowledge is power and think of heavenly Father who is the most powerful person out there. A couple quotes from it was; "The world will pay you for what you do well, and what you love is what you will do best.""Pursue and occupation that when you don't have to think about anything, that's what you will think about." It showed me how much I want to do something I love and how much I love missionary work. The world doesn't pay you for missionary work though, but that is alright. The Lord pays in blessings in happiness. It is super rewarding to do what you love. This all relates to another quote I heard a couple weeks ago. "To do something you have not become, you have to do the things that you have not done." So if I want to be a stellar missionary I need to do things that great missionaries do. Made me look forward to school after the mission. My study habits are ten times better then they were before. I have time until then. 

I hoped you learned that it isn't good to eat to much before a race or even a match. I also thought those kids were stupid that would eat a meatball sub before the wrestled and they threw up in the middle of it. So lesson learned. I learned that facebook is great. A lot of success has came from it lately. Good to hear that everyone is doing well. I hope you all have a great week.

I want to leave an invite: Look for someone to share why families are important to you. 

I love you so much. You are all great examples to me. 

Love, Elder Wade       

No comments:

Post a Comment