Monday, January 13, 2014

Things are on the up-n-up‏

Dear Family,

I hope everything is okay. Thank you Grandma. I love hearing about your temple experiences. That reminds me... This past week we had a lesson with C..., a recent convert, and we talked about family history. He was telling us how excited he was to get started. It was really neat because we were able to pull the website right on our iPads and show the basics of the website. He then told us that he can't wait to show this to his mother. His mom, came to his baptism and overwhelmed with everything left early.  He then told us that this past week he went to visit his mom, who lives in South Phoenix area, she wasn't home and he got in and turned the T.V. on... It was turned to BYU TV! He was excited because there is great hope for her. I know that it is because of his great love for the Gospel and living what he knows is true.

I bet many of you are wondering of how our conference went with Elder Holland. Well I am sad to say that he had an emergency assignment and he couldn't make it. We were disappointed to a hear that but we still had our conference with Tempe and Tucson. It was at a stake center in Tempe. I saw Elder Br...... from Tempe and also Sister Fl.... from Tucson and of course Elder Goff! I was so happy to see him. He is doing really well. We had great speakers. All the mission presidents and wives spoke, and our guest was Elder Jim Wright of the 70. I honestly have never heard of him until this weekend. He related his coming as someone buying tickets for a Beetles concert and showing up and it being the Dixie Chicks. Haha, he was pretty funny and we had a good time as well. Nearly 800 missionaries were there. It was a sight to see. 

We also had zone interviews this past week. We have car inspections at this time as well. I wish I had a picture to prove it but Elder B...... and I got the cleanest car and a perfect score!! SO see mom I CAN clean!! Haha! But one thing I have realized this past week is that I need to be truly converted or I can't teach. We have to lay it all on the alter and consecrate ourselves for The Lord and for the work. That is where testimonies are built and love endures. I am grateful to be here. I am grateful for where I have came and I am looking forward to where I will be. Proverbs 29:18. We need to have a vision or we will perish. 

This week is going to be great! We have a lot of things going for us. We go even more with faith! 
I love you all. I can never say how much I am grateful for all of what you have done for me! 
Thank You, 
Elder Jacob Wade 

p.s. Two of my recent converts from the YSA are engaged now! P..... got engaged on Dec 27th and S..... this past week! They are doing great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment