Friday, December 7, 2012

December

Where has time gone?
It seriously feels that I just came out. I can't believe it is already Christmas. I look forward to all the joy that can be brought because of The gift of Christ. Not going to lie... It is really weird not to have snow or cold and seeing all these christams decor. It should almost be illeagal. But I love not being cold all the time. I can still walk out for the most in a short sleave shirts and shorts in the morning for workouts. I found Jayson's Wrestling beenie that he got from the club last year. That has kept me warm in the morning. Ha no I didn't take on purpose it must have been in my coat from snowboarding. I would send some warm up your way but the Lord gives us trials... Haha.
It was Elder Jone's birthday on Saturday. Guess How we spent it? Helping people move! Ha my question is... Why would you put your food storage on the second floor. We had to lift these 50 pound buckets down the stairs. My arms are still sore. But we ended up he;lping a family move out and different family move in. And where we live the the people are pretty well off. They are all doctors and dentists and have a ton of stuff. But I love helping people move it was fun and we ended having a pretty good day. The work is going well, people are a little bit nicer then usual and are actually thinking of Christ so they are more open. I hope this continues. We had a few investigators come to church yesterday. One thing now is that I am scared of death of testimony meetings. You never Know what people are going to say. You don't want your investigator to feel awkward either. But it ended up not being so bad. We haven't gone to the Lights yet but hopefully next week. Speaking of next week it is transfers, I hate the feeling of not knowing, if you will be in the same place or not. We will find out next Tuesday if we are being Transferred. hopefully I will get to see Elder Jones off. I will probably be training soon. Right now our mission has 170 missionaries. By next year we will have about 250. We have a ton of missionaries coming in the next couple of transfers, it is exciting to the Lord hastening his work.
i love this time of the year and the opportunity that I get to focus Just on the Savior. I found a qoute in my Scriptures from President Howard W. Hunter I would like to share with you.
" Never did the Savior give in expectation of recieving. He gave freely and lovingly, and His gifts were of inestimable value. He gave eyes to the blind, ears to the deaf, and legs to lame; cleanliness to the unclean, wholeness to the infirm, and breath to the lifeless. His gifts were opportunity to the downtrodden, freedom to the oppressed, forgiveness to the repentet, hope to the desparing, and light in the darkness. He gave us His love, His service, and His life. And most important, He gave us and all mortals resurrection, salvation and eternal life.
We should strive to give as He gave. To give of oneself is a holy gift. We give as a rememberance of all the Savior has given."
I love you all. I challenege you to remember this as you give gifts this year. I love all that you have given me. Give as He gives.
Love, Elder Jake Wade


No comments:

Post a Comment