Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March...but summer

Hey!
It has been another great week here in the APM! Transfers were last week and now transfers are back to six weeks. WHich means the last week of this transfer is the week of General Conference. It was a busy week. We had a new investigator come to church, that wa neat. It is going to be awesome to see them progress, they have such a great desire.
The weather down here is intresting, it is already up to the high 70s low 80s. It is nice but no matter how cool it is the sun here is always super hot. It is going to be another busy week here and I have a leadership training all day tomorrow. I am not really excited to sit for 7 hours of meetings ha oh well it is for the work. Speaking of leadership, Elder Nygren's brother in law told me he is now a zone leader which I thought was neat. But the couple that we have been work with, S and J, had their baby last week and we haven't been able to get in yet. Hopefully soon. We have the relief society working with us to get meals in the home, which I thought Was really neat, but they are awesome. I love them to death. It is weird, people are really becoming my family down here ha. We have this one family that went to the Gilbert Temple and brought back a piece of the temple rock for us. I thought it was neat. People almost everyday asking me when I will get transferred and I just tell them that I am staying here for the rest of my mission.
Oh so we got another Idahoan in the Surprise house and he is actually Elder Goff's best friend's brother! He is from Snake River He is our new zone Leader and he is awesome. It is going to be great to get to know him a little bit better.
I wish to share with you a mildly frightening but amazing reveltaion that received the other day. I was reading the Book of Mormon and then turned to Chapter 5 in Preach my Gospel. There is a question there that asks how the Book of Mormon has influence our testimony of the Savior. As soon as I read it, I realized that without the Book of Mormon I would have no testiomy of our savior. It just hit me like a brick wall. It strengthend my testimony of the savior and of these sacred records that testify of him. I see now how important they are and I love them. Now I just have to live them.
I love you guys so much. You are all such and inspiartion to me and you mean the world to me. Keep it up in all what you do and never give up.
Love Elder Jake Wade

No comments:

Post a Comment