Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Holy Cow!

It has been such a good week! It started off with the assistants calling us and doing a surprise exchange. That was fun. I got to know the new assistant pretty well. He is pretty cool. A lot of the times you look at him and think he is really straight forward. It was nice to see that he is a normal guy that struggles with things just like we all do. Hopefully others will see that he really is a loving guy. So there is one thing I am thankful for: Great leadership. That includes my mission president and others that help me a lot. That doesn't exclude all of you back home that have lead me through a lot.

This weekend was probably the best I have ever had. I couldn't have asked for better. For starters we had two baptisms. C.... who is a stud and will be a strong example for his family and I can see him being a great leader in the Church. He had a family thing so he wasn't able to make it to church yesterday but he will be confirmed next week P.... is amazing as well! He is officially the 2nd person on my mission that I have performed the ordinance of baptism for. He is a boss. He was confirmed and conferred the Priesthood and ordained a Priest yesterday. He has a great testimony. Another thing that I am grateful for is my testimony. It has helped through a lot over this adventure that I am on. 

Along with those baptisms, I was able to go to the P........'s temple work. That was the most spiritual powerful experience I have had. I was impressed that the love that they have for each other is only stronger now. They have something that binds them closer then anything that could have before. I think the sealing was the best for me. The spirit hit me like a wave when the two boys walked in. It was amazing! It helped me see my family and how important you are to me. Even though we had some rough times, they are not nearly as rough as people I have seen. A lot of the things I have gone through ,I can't have done it without my family. Heavenly Father is pretty smart guy... He knows what he is doing. 

I am excited for this up coming month. Even though it is cooling down, it still doesn't seem like it that time of the year. I am excited to announce that for my next couple times I call home, it will be through skype! President just told that to us today. It will still be the same time, but it will be great to see you all. 

Love You! 
Elder Wade         

No comments:

Post a Comment