Wednesday, August 1, 2012

1st email from MTC

Dear Family and Friends,
This week has been awesome! I have learned so much, and am loving studying and preparing for the work. My comp. is from Orem, so not too far away his name is Elder Barley. I love him and we get along really well. I share a room with two others. Elder Gifford from Kuna and Elder O'neal from Lousina. They are both amazing guys. If a compainionship was ever ment for each other its these two. We keep telling Elder Gifford he is a three Nephite, because he is one of the most kind hearted people I know. But he just waves it off and I think it might be getting him frustrated so we might stop.
I have never studied more in my entire life! I have learned so much and am focusing on the spirit. Did you Know Adam was baptized? It makes sense, but I never realized it before. Its in Moses 6;36 I believe. Kind of Interesting. We have three "invetigators" They are all progressing really well. We have one named Jarett, who is realy stubborn but he is getting it which makes me happy. Ian who loves to learn and has a great desire for learning so I think that will be great. I have been told that I am a great listner and that it will help me out a lot. I hope so because I don't have much going for me. Haha. Our other one is Barbara, she likes to talk a ton so we kinda have to pull the reigns and keep her on topic, but I committed her to reading the Book of Mormon, and she seems like she truelly will.
Well I did see Elder Robison, also Elders; Nelson, Mueller, Ballard, Suttun,Blanchard, Whalquist. Seems like like there is more, but Elder BLanchard just left for Spain so I won't see him again, here at least. But we have a couple of missionaries from Europe and we ahve been playing soccer with them and they are so good! They said they like my Determination and I love being active. Yes Mom I have been wearing my brace... We should get our Travel plans soon so I'll tell you when I'm calling. But thats pretty much it for this week.
Love you all
Elder Jacob Wade

No comments:

Post a Comment