Monday, August 13, 2012

Week one - Surprise, Az

Wow This was such an awesome week!
I am in the Surprise Stake and we cover two wards, Cactus Lane and White Tank Mountain wards. They are amazing! The members are so supportive. We have members to every appointment we go to. Yes I got a haircut and I'm happy I did! Because it is just hot. You the wind in Rexburg is a cold wind. The wind down here is like a hair dryer. And all your sweat evaporates until you get into a cool house or building. Crazy I know. My compainion is Elder Knabe (kuh-na-be) He is amazing. he has been out for sixmonths and has been in the same area for all of it. Ha but he has taught me so much. he is from Bakersfeild California. I am glad him and i are compainions.
Oh interesting fact. We got off the plane and President and Siter Taylor were there to greet us and we got to see the departing missionaries. And one of them was Elder Bird from Idaho Falls. Thats right T-Bird. I wrestled him in high school. he told me I will be a great missionary. All the mission thought that it was way cool that I knew him. I thought it was cool too.
We have been working hard. I got to give my first couple invitations to baptism. and we have one set for the 25th of this month. Really awesome!
Jayson, I am so happy that you have the preisthood now. I want you to know how important you are now. The people in the ward are depending on you to pass them the sacrament. My testimony of the atonement and sacrament has grown so much in the short time I have been out. It is a sacred duty that is the must important reason why we go to church. It is a privilage to have the preisthood use it as such. Help as many people as you can. Start studying Preach My Gospel as a family you can do so much as members. And I have seen that here. Everyone needs to be a missionary.
I love you all soo much.

Elder Jake Wade                          Elder Wade and Josh Day- he served with Jarret in Argentina

No comments:

Post a Comment