Monday, August 20, 2012

Week Two...

Dear Family 'n' Friends!
Well to answer some of your questions... We don't Live with memebers, but I live with five other missionaries, so it is quite exciting. I was really excited to see sister Day and Josh, those cookies were really good. We are still on goal for the baptism this weekend. She told us she won't let anything hold her back from being baptised so she is pretty determined which is good. She says she blames me because she didn't know why she said yes to when I asked to be baptized that first night, but it is now falling into place. Others that we are working with are struggling with commitments which is frustrating, but i know if we put our faith in the Lord he we will help us. "that our weaknesses may become strong."
I'm sorry to hear about Aunt Lorna, I have really been learing about the plan of salvation lately. She is in a better place and now is waiting in peace and happiness. She still watches over us like a lot of our ancestors to "bear us up". It is amazing to of the Knowledge we have gained from the prophets on the earth. They are here for us and recieve revelation for us. Dad that qoute reminds of what i taught in gospel principles yesterday. It really helped me understand why I was here. I taught about Sacrifice. It was hard because you don't want to go deep when you teach less actives and investigators. And lets be honest Sacrife can get pretty deep. I am here to sacrifice two years of my life to serve my Lord who made the greatest sacrifice for me. The Atonement is such a gift we must use it, there is no other way that we can return to our Heavenly Father.
The first week I was here was record breaking tempuratures. But it now has cooled down to High 90's and low 100's. It sad to say that it is a cool down but it is what it is. i would freeze at night if it wasn't for my blanket. So thanks for sending that ha. Oh and we cover two wards and we are in a part car part bike. We only have 800 miles to drive in the car each month. We have ridden the bike a lot more lately so my missionary tan is coming in pretty good including the watch tan lines. But I love you all and you are all in my prayers. Oh Jayson how was passing the Sacrament?
Love you,
Elder Jake Wade

No comments:

Post a Comment