Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Exciting news/ Transfer News!!

Hey Everyone!!
Thanks for all of your letters. Yes, Grandma and Grandpa, I did get your letters, it means a lot to me.
Well to start off... Baptisms saturday went great and I was able to baptize R.., then on Sunday I was able to confirm C..... It is so amazing to see the change that has taken place in their lives. They have grown closer together as well as to Our Lord. C... has some health problems to we had to have Elder Jones and a former companion baptize her. I had to say goodbye to Elder Jones yesterday and man, that was hard. He has helped me grow so much and we have accomplished a lot. I am hoping to carry on this momentum that we have and use for the better. Which brings me to my next news, I am not getting Transfered, and I am going to be in Surprise for two more transfers, because... I have been assigned to be a trainer. I was a little nervous at first but if the Lord and President trust me to do it, I guess the lord will provide a way. But if being called to be a trainer wasn't enough I got a call from President and he wants me to be a District Leader!! I am still in shock! I don't know who my companion is yet, nor does President. He told me today that the Spirit hasn't told him yet. Plus a District Leader. Man It going to be a crazy transfer...
Thanks mom for getting that journal, I wasn't getting a suit it was Elder Jones. All of his were ripped, so I tagged along. Also could you transfer some money over I need to buy another bike tube, now that Elder Jones is gone I can get back on bike, and one of the other missionaries keeps popping all the tubes that he has bought, but I need my bike back! So if you get that to me that would be wonderful.
So since I have been recently called to leadership one principle has been on my mind... Obedience. I love the Scripture in 2 Nephi 5:27. When we are obedient we are happy. I have recognized that when I have been more obediant I have been so much more happy. It is such an eternal principle. Elder Holland was giving a talk to mission presidents. and says obedience is the biggest thing for a missionary. He says It starts with the Morning Schedule, if you do that right, then so will our day and week, month mission, marriage, life and everything. It is amazing of the blessings that we can see as we merely just keep the commandments.
Good luck in all that cold, I still don't miss it. We are perfect right now, 70-80 it is super nice. I am not looking forward to the summer though. Thanks for all your prayers and love. I love you and keep magnifing your callings the Lord will bless you. I love you so much.
Elder Wade


No comments:

Post a Comment