Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Baptism Friday !!! and I am still in Surprise!

Hola!
What an exciting past couple days and it will continue. M.... was baptized on Friday! so that was so awesome she was the happiest I have ever seen her. Elder K..... did the baptism so that means that she asked me to do the confirmation. I was super nervous, I didn't know what to say, I knew I needed to make it special for her. I prayed and prayed, asking for the help that I needed. And I don't remember anything that I said... I knew right then that the spirit was directing my words. It was such a special feeling. We have been waiting for this and we are so happy she is finally a member. She has been so strong. She found out that Braudyn has another tumor growing, she is such a good example to me and that she is loved by her Father in Heaven. That leads to my next exciting news, transfers... I am staying here, but Elder K..... is being transfered.
I am going to miss him. He is my brother and I look up to him so much. I knew he would be leaving, he has been here for 9 months now. It is going to be hard for him to leave, but it is time. And I am ready to do work. I find out who my new comp is tomorrow. The anticipation is a killer but I know it is going to come out ok.
Halloween is here! It feels like I was just home celebrating the 4th of July! We can work tomorrow but we have to be in by 6pm. So with transfers and halloween tomorrow is going to be a short day. Trunk or treats are huge down here, along with chili cook offs. I don't see how those two go together but they do. I am happy that I have normal people in my wards. It is a lot easier to invite investigators to the events. I have an investigator right now that dad can relate to. He has been battling kidney stones for the past two months. Ha he has been in a lot of pain. He needs to quit smoking and all that junk so maybe he can live healthier. But that is some bridge we are crossing right now. I have been helping a lot of people quit smoking, I don't want that to be my future proffession.
Now to answer questions... Favorite primary song.. Book of Mormon Stories.
Experience... hmm... We were on our way home for dinner, we were on our bikes, I have lights on my bike, and I was just riding and the batteries out of my backlight fell out! Right in the middle of the street right in front of this house. We decided to go knock on the door and we prayed with two guys. The one was about to be a father and really pondered about coming closer to Christ. It was a really neat experence that shows we were at the right place at the right time. Doing the right thing.
Primary kids, can learn their Book of Mormon stories. They are simple enough to understand and the can help you as a missionary. So study your scriptures!
Sorry Cleve and Vikki, can't come see me. The white handbook says vists from home distract the missionary from the work and it is hard for them to refocus. Sorry but that is what is..
Being finally done with training reminds me of a scripture in 1 Corinthians 13:11. Mr Snell should really use this one on the man cards. I have been focused on the work and am doing better. I am working in the vineyard. I love the work. It is great to hear from all of you. Good luck with all of what you do. Jayson Kick butt in wrestling!
I love you all so much!
Elder Jake Wade

No comments:

Post a Comment