Monday, October 22, 2012

I have shaken hands with an Apostle!!

Dear Family and Friends,
What an amazing week. I am still star struck from being around general authorities this weekend. Bishop Casse, Elder Maynes, Elder Pickard, And Elder Anderson were all great. Something that I got out of their visit is that we are doing well but we need to do better and that is through faith that we accomplish miracles as such. Elder Anderson talked a lot of faith. That it is the power to make things happen that need to happen. And that is a power beyond our comprehension. Miracles are still possible, we have an unchanging God, he is adaptable though. Being out for only 12 weeks in the field I have seen miracles. Mighty miracles that I will never forget. It was an amazing week because of them. He also mentioned that we really need to stress the doctrine of Christ in all what we do, say and think. We should always be thinking of him.
Work this week has been really good, M.... is still on track for being baptized this friday. We are way excited, because we wanted to see her baptized before the end of the transfer. Because next week is the first time that anything could happen for me and Elder Knabe. We have been asked not to speculate though. Ha it is probably one the hardest thing we have been asked to do. Oh by the way, I have now finished the Book of Mormon for the second time on my mission. I trully know that we can come closer to God and Christ through this week. I can't believe I didn't read that much the years before this. We need to be focusing on the words of Christ. They are in this book and are in its fullest!
I can't believe I have been out for three months now! It has been so fast! I don't have too much more to say other than thank you mom for sending the application for the absentee ballot and emailing USSYP for me. Love you all so much keep up the good work, and stay warm, because I know I am. Ha
Love Elder Jake Wade

No comments:

Post a Comment