Monday, June 17, 2013

A baptism to remember‏

To my dear family and friends,
 
This weekend was incredible!! Just so fantastic and I grew in my testimony so much! The L....had their baptism this weekend and it was... The only two words that come to mind are sacred and beautiful. The best part was seeing their smiles as they entered into the waters. Never have I felt a spirit so strong. The part was when the L.....' daughter and two other girls from the ward sang a musical number before the actual ordinance and the spirit just came flooding after that.
 
While they were getting changed we shared a message and our testimonies on having faith to endure trials. We shared a mormon message titled "Men's hearts shall fail them." Fantastic video Where we learn that we all have trials but through the gospel of Jesus Christ we can be rewarded with our Faith. In 1 Peter we read a scripture about how our trials are like gold. They are something that are great at the moment and they may go away with the things of this world. We see that we can have a great reward because of our faith patience and dilligence. The fruit is great and most precious above all. Great blessings are in store for those that endure it well.
 
The last couple weeks have been really hard. These next couple weeks will be hard as well. A lot of the members, missionaries and pretty much everyone is expecting me to get transferred. It is hard for me because I love this place. I am scared for what is to come but at the same time I feel comfort. I feel that what ever happens is because it is need for me and from me. I'll grow from it, but it will still be hard. They said that the mission is hard, but what they didn't tell you is that the hardest part is having to leave or see loved ones go. I feel that this is my home. "I will go where you want me to go. Do what you want me to do. Be what you want me to be." These are the words that echo what my heart is saying to me.
 
I am greatful for the love that I have from all of you. I can feel your prayers. What is intersting is the families that played a key roll in the L....' conversions where families that have missionaries out. They hear all the experiences from their sons and daughtes and now they have experiences of their own. Have a great week. I will. I love and appreciate the gifts and cards. Happy Father's day one day late!
Love,
Elder Wade  



No comments:

Post a Comment